California Insurance Claims Adjuster Serving San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Riverside County
Professional Insurance Evaluations represents property owners as a Public Adjuster in the investigation and valuation of your damages. We maximize your property insurance claim recovery.
A Public Adjuster is an insurance claims adjuster who is an advocate for and paid by the policyholder in appraising and negotiating an insurance claim. Public Adjusters are the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent the rights of an insured during an insurance claim process.
In California, a Public Adjuster can only work with insurance claims related to personal or business property damage. Auto accidents, life insurance and other types of insurances claims cannot be handled by a Public Adjuster. Also, most states require every Public Adjuster to be licensed and bonded in order to represent any policyholder in the respective state. Public Adjusters are required to have taken classes and be tested on the many aspects of handling claims, under a first party property policy.
There are three classes of insurance adjusters: staff adjusters (employed by an insurance company or self-insured entity,) independent adjusters (independent contractors hired by the insurance company,) and Public Adjusters (employed by the policyholder).
Among other things, it is the Public Adjuster’s responsibility to:
- Evaluate your existing policy to determine what coverage may be applicable to an insurance claim;
- Make recommendations to improve on your existing policy to insure you have the best coverage for your situation. Note: any changes to the policy are made by the policyholder’s insurance agent.
- Determine the appropriate values for settling all covered damages.
- Negotiate the best possible settlement with the insurance company on behalf of an insured.
- Conduct a policy consultation and inspection of the policyholder’s property to identify any damage that the policyholder may not be aware of at the time.
Public Adjusters are paid based on a percentage of the total paid settlement. The Public Adjuster’s fee may be justified by success in these negotiations. It is not uncommon to see a significant increase in the settlement amount once a Public Adjuster is hired by the policyholder. Our specialty is in maximizing recovery based upon a critical analysis of coverage and damages.
Professional Insurance Evaluations has the knowledge and skills to work with the insurance companies to ensure that the policyholder gets the maximum amount of reimbursement not only for the easy-to-see damages but also for the hidden or unknown damages.